Here's a good weekend project for you knitters from lys Yarning for You. I'm going to do it. Heck I'll probably watch so much football this weekend, I'll have a whole afghan done.
Please help us in our newest charity project:
Re-Covering San Diego!
Hundreds of fiber artists are helping to make blankets for the San Diego 2007 Wildfire victims. Would you like to join in the effort?
We have complementary yarn for this project thanks to our vendors. Yarn has been donated by Plymouth yarns, Berroco yarns, and The Skacel Company.
Here are the details along with a pattern…
1. If you want to participate come by the shop, sign up and receive your complementary yarn.
2. One ball of complementary yarn will yield TWO squares.
3. Knit or crochet a 9" by 9" square using any machine washable yarn. It can be made in any stitch pattern or yarn as long as the square is 9" by 9".
4. Please return your squares in roughly 2 weeks to Yarning for You, 1001 West San Marcos Blvd., Suite 180, San Marcos CA, 92078.
5. Volunteers are needed to assemble the squares into blankets. Want to help? Just let us know!
An easy 9" x 9" square knitted with donated yarn (one ball makes two squares).
· Size 11 needles
· CO 30 sts
· Knit for 9" in stockinette, seed, garter or the stitch pattern of your choice.
· BO. Weave in all ends.
Call us if you have any questions at 760-744-5648.
Thank You, Sandy & Debra